Thursday, September 02, 2004

My Computer Is Alive, But Well....?

Today my new power supply came in. It works great, but there is still a problem with my computer. On a cold boot I get 5 error beeps, which mean that there is a problem with my CPU. The strange thin is, if I hit the reset button on my computer....It boots just fine. I don't think that there is a problem with the CPU, but the motherboard my have something wrong with it.

For now I think that I will have to learn to live with it. I have to wonder what the problem really is. Not knowing what the problem is, I'm going to start to look for a new motherboard, CPU and ram. I think that I may go with an AMD CPU this time. A bit more bang for the buck.

Until then I'll just have my little motherboard problem. Who knows, given a little more time I may be able to fix my computer problem without the upgrade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home